Studio Nanafushiside has announced that their side scrolling 2.5D action RPG Dead or School, that made its debut on Steam through early access, is making its way to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Switch.
The game has an anime art direction, with plenty of cleavage. Dead Or School also implements an RPG stat levelling system, and you can carry different weapons to switch-up the gameplay.
Dead or school is a game that’s made by 3 people, and managed to generate ¥1 million in sales during its first month. Here’s what Studio Nanafushi had to say via Twitter
“Since we made this game as team of three over a period several years, we’re still a long way from breaking even, but it’s been a wonderful study. Next month, we will submit the game for inspection on Switch, PS4, and Xbox One. We’re truly grateful to those who bought it.”
Here’s a synopsis on the game via steam
Zombies conquered the land of Tokyo.
Without hope, in underground shelters, people lived quietly.
Hisako, a girl who grew up underground, heard the word “school” from her grandmother.
School is where children play and learn. It is a paradise for young people. The best place to spend their youth.
Hisako dreamed of this “school”, and one day, she was on an underground train heading above ground. What awaits her? Despair…
Here’s all the features
- Defeat enemies, develop your character. Collect items and create powerful weapons! A hack and slash / girl’s action RPG.
- Obtain gear with money, disassemble weapons, collect parts, customize your own weapons, and enhance your abilities. Mix and match parts. Unlimited possibilities to customize your equipment with attributes such as attack, weight, and rare effects…
- Gain skills by advancing the player’s level. Use dynamic actions by combining various weapon skills. Develop your own unique character!
- Changes can be seen in the player character when a certain level of damage is received. Pay attention to your status, caused by damaged clothes.
- Increasing your collection raises your parameters. Various souvenirs are scattered around, as well as people in need of assistance… Try to collect a variety of items within the game!
- Shinjuku, Asakusa, Akihabara, and Roppongi… Save Tokyo’s towns that are filled with zombies. “Here I come! On an underground train!”
- Gigantic monsters rule the ground above. A monster with a body of steel, Asakusa’s Sensoji temple is occupied by thunder gods… Don’t let tough enemies attack you and get in your way!
- Various action moves. Grab onto steel frames, get in and out of your enemy’s range, clear difficult stages, and move on to the next level.
- Main character: Hisako. She grew up underground, in despair, while the surface world was controlled by zombies. Gifted with superior athletic abilities and a strong determination, her mind is unaffected. She faces the reality of the ground above. Her dreams are to make a lot of friends and play in school! Though, she does not like studying.
Here’s a gameplay trailer of the original PC release.